State Fire Management Council is an advisory group to the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Management, the State Fire Commission, and supports Fire Management Area Committees
. This flow chart shows the relationship between the different groups.
SFMC Annual Report
The latest SFMC Annual report is available here
. This report highlights the achievements of the SFMC during the 2017-18 financial year, aligned to the six themes of the SFMC Strategic Direction Framework.
The 2016-17 Annual Report is available here Download (1.2 MB)
SFMC is made up of the major land managers within the State along with government agencies responsible for vegetation fire management in Tasmania.
Member organisations include government and independent representative bodies that are appointed by the Governor of Tasmania. Members currently include:
The SFMC is supported by an Executive Officer.
- the Chief Officer of the Tasmania Fire Service and their nominee;
- the Director of the Parks and Wildlife Service and their nominee;
- the Managing Director of Sustainable Timber Tasmania and their nominee;
- one nominee from the Local Government Association of Tasmania;
- one nominee from the Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association;
- one nominee from the Forest Industries Association of Tasmania; and
- a chairperson, appointed by the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Management.