State Fire Management Council is an advisory group to the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Management, the State Fire Commission, and supports Fire Management Area Committees
. This flow chart shows the relationship between the different groups.
SFMC Annual Report
The 2016-17 State Fire Management Council Annual Report is available here Download (1.2 MB)
. This report highlights the achievements of the Council during the 2016-17 financial year, aligned to the six themes of the SFMC Strategic Direction Framework.
Annual SFMC and FMAC Chairs meeting
SFMC is made up of the major land managers within the State along with government agencies responsible for the management of bushfires in Tasmania.
Member organisations include government and independent representative bodies that are appointed by the Governor of Tasmania. Members currently include:
The SFMC is supported by a small administrative team, who undertake the policy development and strategic planning. This team is hosted by the Tasmania Fire Service, and work out of TFS Headquarters in Hobart.
- the Chief Officer of the Tasmania Fire Service and their nominee;
- the Director of the Parks and Wildlife Service and their nominee;
- the Managing Director of Sustainable Timber Tasmania and their nominee;
- one nominee from the Local Government Association of Tasmania;
- one nominee from the Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association;
- one nominee from the Forest Industries Association of Tasmania; and
- a chairperson, appointed by the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Management.